Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Honeymoon - Day 2 - September 21, 2010

We finally made it to New York this day after a lot of driving and stopping.  We had breakfast at McDonald's which I think I could eat every day.  Not McDonald's in general, but their Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit with the hashbrown put right inside I would seriously consider as an option for my last meal.  I know, it's disgusting.  We also had Long John Silvers which is also a guilty pleasure of ours and learned that they were now offering fish tacos for $1.  Not outstanding, but definitely worth $1 if you don't care about being dehydrated for a week after eating one.

We also stopped at Sheetz a few times.  If you're unfamiliar with Sheetz, it's a chain of pretty awesome gas stations that run across the north east.  Their food offerings put our local chains to shame and there are actually fan pages dedicated to how much people love this place.

We actually stopped in Jersey and parked the car at my friends Simone and Larry's place and took a car service to our hotel in Manhattan.  We stayed at Chelsea Pines Inn.  It was wonderful.  You can read my review on Trip Advisor.

Chelsea Pines Inn - Ann Margret room

Chelsea Pines Inn - Ann Margret room
The resident cat at Chelsea Pines Inn, Charlie.


 
Jesse really liked the mounted television.

Taken by the Innkeeper for their inline scrapbook.

But the day was not all a loss 'culinarily' speaking.  We did have dinner at Cafe Loup.  I don't remember what we had so I guess that doesn't bode well for it's memorability, but I do remember it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment