Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On the road again...

I spent a couple of days last week in Central Illinois for work and let me tell you, it never gets any better.  That place is like, a few good, little towns in a wasteland of corn and windmills.  Terrible.  Also, terrible is that we ended up eating at Applebee's, which I never would have agreed to had it not been for the pre-beach bikini diet I am doing.  Which really just means I knew if I went to a pizza place or sports bar I would end up eating a lot of cheese.  Instead I ordered one of the new items off of their 550 Calorie menu, the shrimp and sirloin in a light cream sauce.  Surprisingly the steak was the worst thing on the plate and possibly the fattiest, chewiest, stringiest piece of meat I've ever eaten.  Gross.  I would like to pride myself however on my self control to only eat one cheese stick and one chip with dip from the sampler platter.  Go me.

We also started working on the drywall this past weekend - finally.  It looks pretty awesome.  Well, an awesome in only the way someone remodeling their house can think drywall is 'awesome'.  I need to post some pics but they're on the camera that I'm too lazy to find the cord for right now, so I'll post them later.  We hope to start 'mudding' by this weekend.  We've also decided to go ahead and knock out the wall between the two bedrooms on the first floor to make one larger master instead of waiting until this winter.  I mean, all we need is two more sheets of drywall - why not spend the $20 and at least get the pain in the ass part of it done, amiright?  Besides, if I have to spend three weeks mopping to get rid of all the demo dust again I might just leave it filthy.  Pics this weekend.  Word to your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment