Sunday, August 21, 2011

‘Make music, make a baby, make a painting, make dinner, make a mess. as long as I’m making something.’ - Lindsey Way

Well, well, well...what do we have here?  What we have here kiddos is the trailer of which Jesse and I are now the proud owners.  You are probably saying to yourself, "But Liz.  Why in the hell would you buy a concession trailer?"  Ah, an excellent question to which the answer is an enthusiastic, "To open a gourmet food trailer!"  As I'm sure some of you have noticed, I've been posting on Facebook, writing on here and discussing extensively with anyone who will listen the idea of food trucks here in Louisville.  Jesse and I had thrown around the idea of starting one as a way to work ourselves into eventually owning a restaurant and when we saw that it was becoming "the next big thing" here in the 'Ville we realized we were going to need to move a little faster on our plans.  After some number crunching, dozens of conversations, hours of planning we decided to take a risk and make this sh*t happen.

As you can tell, it's not much now.  It obviously needs to be completely furnished.  Originally, Jesse had found someone looking to sell their taco truck but after realizing how much work it was going to need, how many things we were going to have to replace and the fact that they couldn't come up with a title, we opted to just buy a new one.  So, over the course of the next few months we'll be working and tweaking and adding and preparing to hopefully start serving in the Spring.  We have lots of ideas so far but nothing in concrete so I won't make them real by posting them on the interwebs just yet.  Rest assured though, that it's going to be delicious, super fun, and of course bad-ass.  ;)






Trailer World



No comments:

Post a Comment